How to Cook the perfect Duck Breasts
First things first ensure the duck breasts are at a room temperature.
- Season the duck breasts with salt and pepper, the salt will help to extract the water out of the fat.
- Then place the duck breasts into a non-stick pan (no oil or heat) skin side down first, heat the pan up gradually - this helps keep the duck nice and moist and ensures it stays crispy.
- Once the fat comes out, turn the duck over to cook on the other side on a nice high heat.
- Once slightly browned on both sides in the pan place them in the oven skin side down on a 200 degrees heat, for 6-8 minutes.
- If your pan has a plastic handle on it, then ensure you transfer the duck breasts onto an oven tray - ensuring the tray has been warmed in the oven beforehand.
- Take them out and leave them to rest, then slice the duck on an angle in thick slices so that it doesn't go cold too quickly.
- Now you can enjoy!
- Nice crispy skin on the outside... and pink and delicious in the inside 😍🤤
Remember to tag @neatmeatnz showing your creations.