Check out our video and instructions below on how to cook our delicious Harmony Free-Range Ham.
Nail the center piece this year with this crowd pleaser!
3/4 C Water
1/4 C Brown sugar
2 Tbsp Maple syrup or honey
1/2 Tbsp wholegrain mustard
1. Pre-heat oven to 175°C
2. In a small bowl, mix together 1/2 C water (1/4 reserved), brown sugar, maple syrup & mustard. Set aside
3. Remove skin from pork while keeping fat intact. Set the skin aside for later use. Tip- you can use your fingers or a spoon to get in between the skin and fat until you have enough purchase to peel it off.
4. Using a knife score the ham about 1/2cm deep in a crosshatch pattern
5. Place the skin in the bottom of the tray Place ham on top of skin, scored side up. Tip- this keeps the ham from sticking to your tray and adds moisture and flavour.
6. Add 1/4 C of water to tray with ham and cover with foil
7. Cook for an initial 15 minutes at 175°C
8. Remove ham from oven and increase temperature to 210°C
9. Spoon 1/3rd of the glaze over the ham. Return ham to oven to cook for a further 10 minutes.
10. Repeat step 9 two more times until ham has been fully glazed. Tip- ham should be hot in the middle but sticky and glossy on the outside
11. Transfer ham to a chopping board, secure with a carving fork and slice to your desired thickness.